If you do not want us to collect, use and/or transfer your personal information in this way then you should (depending on what it is you object to) cease to access and use this Website and (if applicable) ask for your registration as a Registered Customer to be deleted.
WHAT WE MEAN BY PERSONAL INFORMATION
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Your “Record” constitutes the information we collect:
- via the “Create an Account” page if you register as a Registered Customer comprising various details about you, including your name, email address, billing address and shipping addresses, your preferences as to whether you wish to receive our newsletter and any other information you may supply as part of your registration to be a Registered User.
- when you submit an order to us, details of that order and all previous orders are stored on your “Account Dashboard”.
- if you submit a review to us, we will review it in accordance with our policy and if we consider it appropriate will publish it next to the product and also store it on your Account.
- when you store other information on your Account, for example your wishlist, your tags, your recurring profiles, your product reviews and any downloadable products. From time-to-time we may also provide the facilities for you to provide additional information through your account, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information.
- using session cookies to store information about your current session. These cookies are deleted when you leave this Website and close your browser. If you wish you can alter your browser settings so that it does not accept our cookies. However, the cookies used on this website allow you to use some essential features, for example if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your basket and proceed to checkout and therefore we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- automatically, that is given by your browser as you surf the internet; data such as the time you access the Website, how long you access it for and so forth. We will only use this information to enhance your shopping experience and we will not pass it on in any way.
- if you contact us with a problem or requesting a refund we will keep a record of our dealings with you. Details of any refund will also be available to a Registered User through the Account Dashboard.
We do not store credit card details. Payment for any orders you make is made via Paypal, a third party payment service provider.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF YOUR RECORD
Protecting your privacy is very important to us at World of Rare Books Ltd. We will only collect personal information that is important to your shopping experience, and information that you freely submit to us. With the exception of those situations set out below, we do not share, exchange, sell or give your Record to any third party, for any reason.
We reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where:
- the disclosure is required by law, such as where there is a court order, or statutory obligation requiring us to make such a disclosure; and/or
- we believe that such disclosure is necessary in order to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or is otherwise in the overriding public interest, and is permitted by law.
If you register and/or sign up for our newsletter, we may contact you by email with special offers, we will only do this infrequently and you can unsubscribe from these emails by contacting email@example.com.
World of Rare Books may store and archive your information, this will take place in Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex, England If you are or become a Registered Customer we will keep and use any personal information you submit to us in relation to your use of this Website for so long as you remain a Registered Customer and for at least 7 years afterwards, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have.
Otherwise, your information will not be accessed again and it will remain secure. In any event, your personal information will be kept for no longer than is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us.
However, while we strive to protect your personal information, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the internet.
If you register at World of Rare Books.com - you are responsible for the protection of your log in details. Please do not share your log in details with anyone. No member of staff at World of Rare Books.com will ever ask you for your password, so please do not disclose this information.
Updating your personal information
You are entitled to see the information held about you and to amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information. Please note that we are entitled to charge a £10 fee for providing you with access to your personal information. If you would like to review or update your personal information, and you are not able to do this through your Account Dashboard please Contact Us.